Gram flour – Chickpea also known as Garbanzo Flour
It is pale yellow and powdery and has an earthy flavour best suited to savoury dishes.
Gram flour contains no gluten. It is widely used in Indian
- Country of Origin: Austalia
- Packed in theUnited Kingdom
- Storage: Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
- Allergen Information:Packed on premises that handles nuts, seeds, cereals, soya & products containing gluten.
- Per 100g
- Energy (Kj)1328
- Energy (Kcal)313
- Fat (g)5.4
- – saturates (g)0.5
- Carbohydrates (g)49.6
- – sugars (g)2.6
- Fibre (g)10.4
- Protein (g)19.7
- Salt (g)0.1
Makes 10-12 Bhajis
Ingredients: 100g gram flour, 1 large onion (finely shredded), 1/2 tsp.
ground turmeric, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, 1/2 tsp. ground garam masala,
vegetable oil for deep frying.
1. Blend all ingredients except onion and add enough water to make a sticky
2. Mix in finely shredded onion.
3. Deep fry spoonfuls of the batter until crisp and golden.
4. Drain on kitchen paper.